Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Monday, October 27 - Movie, Packing,Travel and Meeting (Mission, TX)

 

Friday 10/24

I made a peach crisp and Southwestern Chicken Pasta Salad for dinner. Marian gave me this recipe and it is wonderful!

  • 6 oz rainbow Rotini
  • 9 oz diced southwestern grilled chicken (I pan fried some chicken breast with cumin, garlic powder, cilantro, salt and pepper and cut into bits size pieces)
  • 1 lg chopped tomato
  • 1 can southwestern corn
  • ½ cup green onion
  • 4 oz Mexican Cheese
  • ¼ cup cilantro

Dressing:

  • ¾ cup Mayonnaise 
  • ½ cup Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa

Mix and let it set in Refrigerator for at least I hour.

 

Jesse and I went to the movie in the afternoon to see “John Wick”. I hated the 1st part of the movie. It was a lot of action, Jesse liked it but me .. not so much.

 

Saturday 10/25

Both Jesse and I woke not feeling to good..like colds were starting. We took lots of zinc hoping to lessening the severity of the cold.

Even not feeling well we got everything packed up for tomorrows departure.

We got cleaned up late in the day and decided to have dinner at Mamacita’s.

 

Sunday 10/26

When we were all loaded and ready to depart, I went to the office to pay for our electric it was 8:45am and we were on our way. I followed Jesse in the Fit .. we drove 323 miles and I got 42.5 miles per gallon!! Needless to say we are happy with that!!!!

We stopped a few times for potty breaks and to walk Bella. She did great for the long drive in her car seat.

We arrived at Bentsen at 2:30 and got set up in our site # 116.

We met a few of our co-workers, but it was 91 degrees so we stayed in the A/C most of the day, besides we were tired.

 

Monday 10/27

I learned at 9am that I was having a meeting at 10am when I was walking Bella. So I hurried back to the RV, took a shower and dress for the meeting.

I met with Tom and Jan the park managers along with Diane my co-worker. We went over some basic things and received our keys and shirts. I think they will be great people to work with.

I will be working Sunday, Monday and Tuesday’s 8am-12 noon and 1pm to 5pm with an hour lunch. I have the other 4 days off.

While I was gone Jesse got our patio set up.

001

 

002

We took a ride to see Chris and Gia, but their park was gated and I was not able to get ahold of them. After I returned home I was able to contact Chris and he gave me the gate code so we will go back to see them later today.

As it turned out we didn’t go back but made plans to see them on Wednesday.

Jesse and I went to Wataburger for some dinner then drove through Retama Village. We briefly saw Greg and Barb Jones before they left to go to dinner with friends. Since they are behind and a few sites down from us I am sure we will see more of each other in the next 5 months.

The three of us sat outside for a while when we returned and then took Bella for a long walk before it got dark.

We relaxed in our recliners watching TV until bedtime.

1 comment:

Linda Goudelock said...

what kind of work will you be doing? Our friends Anne and Scotty arrived today (30th) tell them Hi from us!