Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Tuesday, November 25th - Bad News

1st I will let you know how our weekend went.

On Saturday I got almost everything done I wanted to complete, except the boys have not received their bath and grooming yet.

In response to one of the comments about the dog area I made in the truck: about belting the boys in. We do not hook them into the seat belts. We know that they are probably safer that way, but we like the flexibility of them able to move around, most of the time. I am not sure with the modification I made if we could belt them in.

I was able to clear out the two spare rooms and get it all loaded into the RV. I made a vegetable shepherds pie with ground turkey and a cherry dump cake for dessert.

On Sunday, after we had our coffee, Jesse and I got dressed and went to the grocery store to get all the fixins for our family Thanksgiving dinner. Once we returned to the house and all the groceries we put away, I fixed us some breakfast.

Then we continued to get things loaded into the RV. Jesse flushed out the water lines and sanitized them. He went through all his hand tools and decided which ones we will be taking and which ones he will be giving to Adam.

Later in the day we got cleaned up again and went out to get something to eat and then came home and relaxed for the rest of the evening. We watched the "24" movie on TV and of course "Amazing Race".

On Monday I cleaned the rig and we loaded the basement. We wanted to see how things would fit and see how many more totes we could fit. Jesse also cut down the bed to accommodate the queen size air mattress and cut out holes for the air tubes to be concealed under the platform along with the pump.

He also modified the space where the TV now hangs, so that we can put the printers in the space. (Pictures to follow)

By this time it was time for me to get ready for my doctors appointment. We also had to stop by the post office to put in a change of address, and go to the bank to set up a CD.

I got bad news from the doctor. My blood pressure is too high and she gave me an additional pill to take. I have to go tomorrow and get a blood test for my cholesterol and liver function. My body is telling me I really need to get away and relax.

Now for the really BAD NEWS. When I got into work today, Cathy the new girl came in and quit. She said that the job was too much for her and she just didn't think she could do a good job. I was in shock. This is the easiest accounting job I have ever had. I think there is more to the story, but we will never know.

I am unsure at this time as to how this will effect our December 1st departure, but we will be at Llano Grande Resort by December 15th for sure.

See ya down the road!!

4 comments:

Gordon Pierce said...

Ginger,

Getting on the road will help clear up the blood pressure issues!

Please don't let the actions of others dictate your schedule. I had the same issues when I was set to retire.

I gave my employer six weeks notice so I could train a replacement. Because they diddled around, I ended up with only two days with the "new guy". They wanted more...I gave them what I promised and went on with my life.

I know that you are trying to be responsible, but also make sure you are doing the right thing for yourself and Jesse.

We are looking forward to seeing you here at Llano Grande.

Take care,

Gordon

Karon said...

Ginger,
Please continue with your plans. I'm so sorry the new gal didn't stay but your life, your health is your top priority.

Besides, your readers are waiting to read about your fulltiming adventures.

Hugs, Karon

Anonymous said...

HooooWeeee. I'll bet that was a shock with just a couple days left before retirement. It's not your fault so don't let it change your plans.

Rich said...

Aunt Ginger,

Sorry to hear that this happened at the last minute. But I am sure everything will be alright, once you get on the road you will feel much better. Just think of how wonderful it will be when you get to Texas next month! :-)

Maybe I'll get a chance to see you guys in the spring if you come by Maryland again then.

Take care.

- Rich