Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Thursday, June 30 - The Search is on (CS, CO)

 

For about one year now I have mentioned to Jesse that I would really like to have a car. He was not on the same page as me, and he was against getting one. Well he has changed his mind and now thinks it would be a good idea.

I want to get a small used hatch back type car, so that there is plenty of room for the boys to move around when they are in it.

After he returned from getting tires for the truck we took off for the Springs to Motor City Way. Jesse has been looking on line for deals. Our 1st stop was the Dodge dealership they had a used Rav-4 we wanted to see, unfortunately they had sold it.

We test drove a 2010 Dodge Caliber. Jesse was not real pleased with it saying it was too noisy and he thought it was not made well.

We moved on to the Subaru dealer and test drove a 2007 Outback. I didn’t think it was a good deal and we didn’t want to spend that much money. Plus David said that Subaru’s didn’t get good gas mileage.

So we called it a night and will continue our search.

We stopped at Pizza Hut and brought home a pasta bake for dinner.

 

Today I did more laundry and started to put some of the inside things away. We are moving on Saturday to a different site one that will have more shade. I have to work so Jesse will do the move all by himself, but I will have everything put away inside.

I went to work at 1pm and closed at 6pm. Things were busy and crazy.

After getting home I had a glass of wine before starting dinner. I grill some boneless pork loins, made noodles and broccoli and a salad.

Afterwards I just hung out in my recliner and watched TV.

5 comments:

Along the Way with JnK said...

You guys tow a 5th wheel...right? Are you guys planning on driving separately from here on if you find a new car?

Phillis said...

Good luck on your car search. I think I would miss having my car, too.

Gypsy said...

Good luck with your car search. I just traded in my big diesel truck for a 2006 Toyota Highlander, and couldn't be happier with it. The dealer I bought it from had "no haggle pricing" which worked well for me - they gave me a good and fair amount for my truck and an excellent price on the Highlander. I normally hate shopping for cars, but this was a pleasant experience and I hope you can find something like it.

I think I cook better when I have a glass of wine handy!

squawmama said...

Searching for a new car is not easy and that is why we are still driving my 10 year old PT Cruiser... I would like to have a Honda ~ CRV or a Ford Edge.
Good luck on your hunt!
Donna

Roger and Joyce said...

You will love having a car. I love my Ford Focus and the gas mileage is very good (about 35 mpg). We have had it about a year now and I don't find it difficult at all to follow the 5th wheel when we're on the road.
Love to you and Jesse (and the boys, too)