Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Friday, November 16 - My Birthday (Gold Canyon, AZ)

 

Thursday I stayed home and just hung out at home. Doing some laundry and few odds and ends.

Jesse went to visit with another dealership. He found a truck he liked but they just wanted too much money. He, Ed and Bob plan a trip to California early next week to see a big heavy duty truck. I will keep you informed on how that goes.

Today is my birthday. Last years was certainly nothing to write about because I work at Amazon for 10 hours. So I was looking forward to spend time with our friends this year.

I was sadden when Ed and Marilyn and Bob and Janet planned their Grand Canyon trip this week. But being the great friends that they are, they planned to be home early enough today so we could go out to dinner.

After coffee and getting showered Jesse took me to Waffle House for breakfast. We stopped at Bashas Food Store on the way home to pick up a few items and the red velvet birthday cake Jesse had ordered for me. (Sweet isn’t he)

Cake

The rest of the day was spent reading, computering and listening to music.

In the evening we got dressed and met over at Bob and Janet’s. We sat outside with them while they told us of their wonderful trip to the Grand Canyon. That is a special place for E&M (their 18th visit) and they were so happy to take B&J there.

Trent and Teresa pulled up and we all headed in 2 cars to the Mining Camp Restaurant. E&M rode with T&T, while B&J rode with Jesse and I.

We got to the restaurant and they didn’t have our reservation. Luckily they still had room for us and promptly set a table for us. They serve the food family style  -   baked beans, cold slaw, rolls, raisin bread, potato wedges, green beans, ham with pineapple sauce, chicken and dressing, BBQ beef ribs, lemonade, iced tea and for dessert an oatmeal raisin cookie with coffee.

It was a good meal and wonderful being there with our friends, we stuffed ourselves with food and laughter.

IMG_1650IMG_1659IMG_1662IMG_1661

After dinner these guys put on a show. They sing, play different instruments and tell jokes.

This guy played a stick with strings on it???

IMG_1655

For my birthday they sang and gave me a cookie with ice cream and a candle.

IMG_1665

Everyone came back to our place and helped me eat cake and ice cream.

It was a great evening and I am so thankful for good friends and family.

IMG_1671IMG_1672

3 comments:

Where is bob and Janet said...

Glad we got to spend your birthday with you, we look forward to it for many more years.

Speedy said...

Happy Day Girl! Hope you enjoy every day as much as this one. How is that new home...What a great Birthday gift!

Sunny said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday :)