Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Saturday, January 22 - Taco Crawl


Our day started as usual with coffee and computers.

We just hung out at home with our boys for the day. But the evening, oh it was very exciting and interesting.

We met the Wishnie’s, Jo and Fred at their foothill site about 5PM. Now, it is a really nice area with wide streets and some very nice homes and lots. For some reason, which I can’t explain, I didn’t take any pictures of some of the lots.


We sat outside with snacks and drinks along with their friends Ester and Steve and got to know each other.

Just after dark we all piled into the Wishnie’s truck and headed to 8th Street in Yuma to get tacos.

Steve, Jesse and Ester

Our 1st stop


The nice ladies that made our tacos. Fred suggested the best way to pay for our food was for all three couples to put money in a pot and one person pay the bill, I was the bookkeeper.


My 1st one was a carne asada (beef), my 2nd and most tasty was al pastor (pork). These taco are not like the ones you would get at Taco Bell. You choose if you want corn or flour tortilla and they put the meat in the tortilla and serve with the different condiments.  Cucumbers, salsa, guacamole, lemons, and Pico de Gallo. Notice no lettuce, tomatoes or cheese.


Jesse walked next door to the liquor store and purchased some cerveza, the perfect drink for the evening.


After we finished we piled back into the truck and drove a few blocks to the next stand on the side of the road.


I got a shrimp taco here..Jo and I were looking forward to getting a fish taco, but no one had fish.

At this stand Ester tried the champurrado which is Mexican hot chocolate. Is has a strange texture, she described it as hot liquid pudding.


At this stand Jesse and I got a pollo taco (chicken) which was Jesse’s favorite.


They also served us radishes, grilled peppers and green onions. By this time we were all getting full.

But we stopped at one more place.


They were cooking up some tripe that really smelled bad.


We all decided that we were too full to eat anymore and a little cold. We had $11.00 left, so Steve went into a liquor store and bought more cerveza to share back at the Wishnie’s.

We sat inside their home where it was warm and enjoyed more laughs and conversation. About 10:30 we all realized it was way past our bed time and decided to call it a night.

It was really a lot of fun with great company and good food.

Stay safe…Hugs to all.

No comments: