Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Friday, July 18 - Exit Glacier (Seward, Alaska)

 

Jesse and I went to Safeway this morning to get a few items and to fuel up the truck, because we are traveling tomorrow.

We had decided last night to stay another night here and we were really glad we did because it was a sunny beautiful day.

001

After we returned from the store I made us each a bagel and we went to the shared picnic table that’s behind Bob and Janet’s trailer to eat it.

They had eaten, but came out to sit with us. We decided to go for a ride to see the Exit Glacier, it is part of the Kenai Fjords National Parks.

As we drove there we pulled off the road to take these pictures.

006004003005

Then on to the Nature Center

008

These displays depict how the glacier has melted over the years

010011012

014

Then we hiked. I am out of shape and have been having some trouble with my knee and it has been very painful. I hiked as far as I dared about a mile then Bob, Janet and Jesse continued the rest of the way. About 2/10th of a mile more that was too steep for me to attempt..

Jesse took these pictures.

018

022

025

031

027

034

Then we hiked back.

It was my turn to make dinner and I made bacon chicken ranch wraps. This was my 1st time making them and they turned out pretty good. We ate outside at the picnic table, I also served some chips.

Then we went to the harbor area to watch the fisherman bring in their catch. That means I walked about another mile.

We stopped to take a few pictures along the way.

040

043

Cruise ship that has been docked all day Royal Caribbean.

042

Fish

045

047

Then we walked across the street for an ice cream. Jesse and I took the shuttle bus back to the campground while Bob and Janet walked. I was exhausted.

1 comment:

Trent and Teresa said...

Awww darn, Ginger ... sorry to hear your knee is acting up.

Hope all the walking today does not aggravate it.

I guess Jesse will have to take over the cleaning and vacuuming for the next little while !!

Take care ... TnT