Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Friday, October 2 - Chores then Fun Fun Fun

We got up this morning and gathered the laundry and was out the door. I had lots of dirty clothes that needed cleaned.

We went to a very nicely maintained laundry mat in LaGrange on Rt 9. They had many washers and dryers that were very clean. We got everything done in a little more then 2 hours. Although it was nice having everything done I still prefer doing my laundry at home.

When we returned and I put everything away and got dressed for the day.

We left about noon and headed to Essenhause a restaurant and gift shop, it was recommended to E&M by Pat and Dan. We all had a very good lunch and then shared some pie afterwards.

Our next stop was Menno-Hof Amish-Mennonite Visitors Center to see and hear the Amish-Mennonite Story.

I was surprise to learn that the Amish were the newest of the Anabaptist movement. The Anabaptist movement began in Zurich, Switzerland, in 1525 when a group of believers baptized adults who made a voluntary confession of faith.

The Anabaptists wanted to restore the church to the purity of its early days. They wanted a separation of Church and State.

The Amish began in 1693 with a group that split from the Mennonites. They believed that fellow Mennonites were losing spiritual discipline and becoming too much like the world around them.

The Amish have resisted our modern conveniences, not using cars, radios, TV, phones and electricity inside their homes. I personally love my modern conveniences!

I found the tour was very interesting and I was very glad we went.

I have pictures that I will post at a later date.

We are planning to leave in the morning and caravan with E&M towards Hannibal, I am not sure where we will stop tomorrow, but I hope it has nice weather....

I am tired of RAIN!!

No comments: