Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Saturday, February 12 – The Beach (San Diego, CA)

 

Here is a picture from Friday that I forgot to post. I was very pleased with myself because I got this plane just as it flew past the moon which was out in the middle of the day.

plane and moon

Something I find very strange is the location of the San Diego Lindbergh International Airport, it’s right downtown. The harbor is on one side of the road and airport on the other. I have never seen an airport located in the heart of a downtown area.

The downtown area of San Diego, at least the parts we rode around, are very clean ..it seems to be a very clean city.

The goal today was to get to the beach, the traffic was bumper to bumper for about 45 minutes. :~) YUK. It was a warm beautiful Saturday in San Diego.

IMG_4134

We found a place to park the truck and walked toward the beach. The whole area reminded me of Ocean City, MD just much cleaner. We walked around the midway area that had lots of eateries and games to play.

As you can see from the picture above there is also an amusement park here with an old roller coaster (we didn’t ride).

IMG_4135 

As we got closer to the beach I was really glad I brought my jacket. The breeze off the water was very cool. That didn’t keep many people from enjoying the beach and the water. There were people wading in the water, sun bathing and flying kites.

IMG_4129

IMG_4130

IMG_4132

We walked along the concrete walk area but you had to be careful that the bikers, skaters and skateboarders didn’t run you over.

The info from the life guards for today

IMG_4131

After we finished we walked back to the truck and made our way back through the city. We were heading to Sea Port Village but never made it. There was some kind of air show from the Naval Base and many roads we blocked off. I got a few pictures while we were driving of the show.

IMG_4136

IMG_4138

IMG_4139

Because it was so congested we decided to just go home. We watched movies and had leftover pizza for dinner.

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

I guess Washington National Airport is pretty close to downtown. I don't think there is a more beautiful approach or landing than flying over the Potomac River.

The Happy Wanderers said...

I flew our company plane to Lindburgh once. We then rented a car and drove to Ensenada, Mexico to go deep sea fishing. Great trip!
Also we flew into Washington National many times. It was a challenging approach due to so much restricted airspace. Corporate or Private aircraft can no longer fly in there.
Great journal entry.
Hugs to both of you,
E & M