Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Thursday, May 28 – Rainy Days

Not much has been going on. We have been working pretty hard for the holiday weekend.

We had about 2100 guest here and they kept us very busy.

Ginger and I have the same days off, but we do not work the same hours all the time. Monday I worked until 10pm while Ginger got off at 5pm and Tuesday Ginger worked till 10pm and I got off at 5pm.

Most other days we were pretty close but we were sure looking forward to our off days.

I am one of ten work campers in maintenance plus the maintenance chief who works year round. All of the work campers in my dept. are returnees with the exception of myself and Charlie.

All of the other guys have backgrounds in the trades, where I am just a self taught handy man. I mostly do site clean up and gopher duties helping one of the other guys. Site clean up is pretty good duty since your are out and about by yourself and no one bothers you.

Monday we had 380 check outs and everyone was on site clean up. I also pump propane. I have not filled an on board tank on a motor home yet, but I have been shown how to.

I have helped level rental trailers, done some plumbing and electrical work, and some painting. All the guys I work with are pretty cool and I enjoy doing what I do.

Mostly I like riding around in my convertible (the golf cart). I know we have only been here 2 weeks but if I had to make a decision today I would come back again next year.

We are both off Wed. and Thurs. and it rained pretty much both days so no exciting adventures this week.

Wednesday morning all the work campers had orientation with comments from the GM and all the department heads. They served us coffee and pastries.

DSC01255 DSC01260

That evening we had a pot luck dinner at the Timberland Grill aka the resort snack bar. It was a cold and dreary evening but they had some catalytic heaters running so the temps were tolerable. The food of course was very good and the resort supplied some ribs, chicken, green beans, deserts, coffee and ice tea.

DSC01291 DSC01289

Dinner was followed by karaoke. Always fun to watch others sing. No way I was getting up there, thought I could get Ginger to sing but she would not.

Jim singing New York, New York while the Lake George Rockets danced in the back ground.

DSC01297DSC01299

Well that’s all for this post. Hope everyone has a good day.

Jesse

4 comments:

Speedy said...

Well sounds like to me your having a good time even though it is W*@k.

Mark and Dortha said...

That is the kind of work that is suppose to be fun. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. I am hoping next year we are in that area.

Hugs to you both,
Dortha

Bob and Lynda said...

You guys are working hard but having fun!

PinkRV.com said...

Just wanted to say..."I Love your website title : )

http://www.pinkrv.com