Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Wednesday, January 13 – Very Busy Day

 

Today was a full day.

It started at 10:15 when I met Marilyn, and Linda at Cathy’s rig to drive with her to the rec center for beginners line dancing.

It was a workout for sure. I was did not dressed right for the class, I had on jeans, a camisole, and a shirt with socks and shoes. I got so hot while dancing that I thought I would pass out. I had a good time and will dress appropriately next week.

I came home made Jesse and I a salad for lunch before being picked up by Ed and Marilyn for our tour of the Border Patrol.

IMG_1228

We were greeted by this officer and she took us to a large room.

IMG_1229

She explained what the Patrol did then this officer came in and talked for about 1 hour.

IMG_1230

He has been employed for 22 years with the Border Patrol and told many stories about some of the Illegal's that they have encountered.

It was very interesting and very entertaining. They also took us to the holding facility where they hold the detainees before they go to trial or back over the border.

IMG_1234 IMG_1235

Interesting enough, they told us that only 65% of the detainees are Mexican, the rest are from all over the world such as Ethiopia, Russia, Brazil, England, Chile, and Argentina. They enter the US through Mexico because it is easy to enter Mexico.

WE got home from our tour about 4:15, just long enough to feed the boys and walk them before we picked up E&M to go back to the rec center for spaghetti dinner and karaoke.

The dinner was pretty good the company even better. We sat with Ted and Sue, Dan & Pat, Ed and Marilyn and us. The karaoke was pretty bad! We enjoyed ourselves just visiting with our friends.

We were home in time to see American Idol and relaxed for the evening.

1 comment:

Speedy said...

That is too cool! I know that must be an interesting job...and dangerous.