Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Wednesday, January 27 – Girls Day Out

 

Today at 10am the five of us girls, same as last week, Cathy, Joyce, Pat Marilyn and I, were off to shop. I set Hazel (our GPS) to direct me to the Sam’s Club in McAllen and she directed me right there.

Cathy was the only one that had a Sam’s card so we all got in on hers. We kinda split up and agreed to meet back at 11:30 in front of the checkouts.

I hadn’t been to a big box food store in a really long time so I enjoyed looking around. I ended up buying $65 worth of stuff. It is so easy to get a few items but spend a lot of money.

Afterward we were all hungry. Pat had seen a place called “The Blue Shell” and wondered about it. There was one right around the corner so we decided to go there.

Well it was like sitting in the freezer case. It was so cold we had to ask our waitress to turn the A/C down. But that was just the beginning of cold. Everyone but me ordered grilled scallops, I ordered grilled shrimp. Pat didn’t get the right meal and all the others that came were cold.

They all sent them back, while I ate mine. It took a long time for them to serve their meals and all were okay, but Pat only got 4 instead of the 6 she was suppose to get and her rice was cold. Cathy shared her warm rice with Pat and they brought Pat her other two scallops that were still frozen in the middle.

By this time Pat was fed up and just told them to take it away and bring ours checks. To everyone surprise they didn’t charge Pat. Everyone paid there bill and vowed not to return.

Then we decided to go to HEB Plus for a few items and just to look around.

It started to rain as we returned to the resort. We just relaxed and watched TV for the remainder of the evening.

No comments: