Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Saturday, March 20 – 2 Beautiful Fun Filled Days in a Row

Thursday, March 18

We spent the day doing things around the house. I straightened up the inside, did laundry, and made a big pot of chicken corn soup.

Jesse and I worked on trying getting to get the satellite set up. We worked on it for quite some time yesterday, but could not keep the signal for more then a few minutes. He moved the dish around in different places but still had problems keeping the signal. He had an old LNB (low noise baffle) that he switch out to see if that was the problem. It seemed to be the problem, so he called Direct TV to see about getting another one, while on the phone with them it went out again. Direct TV told him he would have to call a local service guy.

Then he took apart the original one to find it wet and dirty inside. He cleaned it up and used my hair dryer to dry it out and reinstalled it. It has been working perfectly. He also cleaned the outside windows.

Friday, March 19

Today started with a visit to GMS. The parent company for Mid-Atlantic Materials, (the company I worked for the last 13 years before moving out of Baltimore) headquarters is here in Atlanta. I wanted to stop by and see the folks there. It was so good to see old friends and visit with them for a while.

IMG_2205 IMG_2206 IMG_2209

After our visit we decided to go to Stone Mountain. It was a beautiful day. It was sunny and 75 degrees. We strolled around a little bit, but decided not to do any walking around because I didn’t have on walking shoes. We plan to go back next week and take the tram to the top. Here are a few pictures I took. I will give details next week when we go back.

IMG_2210 IMG_2212

We then came back home to spend some time with the boys before meeting Rich and Merry for dinner at P.F. Chang’s.

Outside the restaurant we found this duck walking around. I thought it to be very funny since I knew the served duck on the menu.


We had a wonderful dinner with our friends getting caught up with what’s been going on. We had not seen them in 14 years. We have kept in touch via telephone and letters, but it was good to see them and enjoy their company.

It was Rich who introduced Jesse and I when we met. Rich was my boss at the time and invited me to a Christmas party with some friends where I met Jesse. We have been together since then and the rest is history.

Did I mention the beautiful weather we are had today?

Today - Saturday

We were invited to their house for lunch, where they made burgers on the grill and a chicken breast for me. It was warm and sunny outside and about 75 degrees. We sat and talked about so many things. It was just so much fun and easy being with them just like old times. They have a lovely home about 40 miles from where we are staying.


After lunch we went to their youngest daughters home to see her family. Carolyn and her husband Dan have 2 very active boys that are all boys. Full of energy and loves trains, cars and trucks.

This is their dinning room transformed into play room and the son William who is almost 4 years old.


This is Merry, Jackson and Carolyn


After visiting with them we headed on to the ball field to see their oldest daughter Amanda and her son Noah. Noah is 6 and plays baseball.

I couldn’t get a good picture of Noah, but here is his team in the field. It was a great day to be at the ball field.


And another of the grown-ups

Me, Amanda, Rich and Merry


After the ballgame we went back to their house to pick up our truck. They followed us to our rig and we gave them the grand tour. We also introduced them to the boys. The boys also got fed and walked.

Then we went around the next block to Outback for dinner. We ate and talked for a couple of hours. They dropped us back at the rig and they proceeded .

It was a great day and tomorrow we will spend more time with them. We are looking forward to another day of fun!


squawmama said...

Sounds like a great week except for DIRECT TV... I had to chuckle a little because we went through the same thing this week... We were really upset because we took out a protection plan but they said if we were not at our permanent address they couldn't service us... WELL as you know we have no permanent address we full time and never stay anywhere to long. And they came to a campground to give us the reciever & dish and then advised us to take out insurance... for protection. LOL Have a fun week and Travel safe!

Joe and Sherri said...

Good to see you are still on track. Be careful