Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Wednesday, March 24 – Friends, Fun, Shopping and Travel Day

Monday - March 22

We stayed at home doing a few chores. I made us some breakfast burritos. I stripped the bed and walked over to the laundry here at the camp ground to wash them. After I was done I decided to just make the bed with the same sheets, that way I didn’t have to fold them.

We got our showers and dressed to leave about 3:00. We were going over to Don and Jane’s home for the evening.

We met Don and Jane at Lake George last year, they were our neighbors and Jane worked with me in Guest Services. It was really good to see them again and we started talking as if no time had lapsed.

They have a lovely home in Woodstock, GA. They have 2 1/2 acres and their back yard is all wooded and must be beautiful in the summer. So I wondered why they would want to leave for the summer?

They just wanted to see if they could live in a small space for a period of time, they have a nice travel trailer. Last year was the first year they worked the summer. They found that they did just fine living in their space for a period of time. I think Jane would be very happy to travel more, but Don is very involved with the Masons and has been for 50 years and doesn’t want to give that up.

But at this point they plan to return this summer to LGE so we will see them again in May when they return.

Tuesday – March 23

We had to go shopping. The switch that turns the kitchen lights on and off went bad and we needed to replace it. We went to Peco Camping to purchase the parts Jesse needed for the fix. He said he wanted to look around more, but was reluctant to do so because I was waiting in the truck.

I needed to get my prescription refilled and needed some groceries, so off to Walmart. The Walmart here at Stone Mountain is very nice and laid out different then most so it took us longer to find all the items I had on my list.

Afterward we unpacked and put away everything and I made us lunch. We decided to take a ride through the Historic Stone Mountain, which was nothing to speak of and nothing picture worthy.

We had planned to go back to Stone Mountain and take the tram up to the mountain, but it was late and we just didn’t feel like it.

We stopped at TJ Maxx and I bought some towels, while Jesse was going through Radio Shack.

Here are some pictures of the campground

IMG_2219 IMG_2223 IMG_2221

And Atlanta traffic

IMG_2225

I warmed some soup for dinner and we just relaxed for the evening.

Wednesday – March 24

Travel Day. We were packed up and pulled out at 8:55am today. We traveled south/east toward Savannah. We actually passed Savannah and are staying at Hardeeville RV park in South Carolina, which is only about 10 miles from Savannah. We traveled 269 miles and arrived at 2:00.

We were sent to a pull-thru site right across from the office. I will take pictures soon and post. we got set-up and then just relaxed for a while. I baked some FF potatoes, while Jesse grilled some hot dogs for dinner. We just computered and watched TV until bed.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

We stayed at Hardeeville in late Feb while we were sightseeing in Savannah. Go to Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House Dining Room for lunch one day...it is WELL worth the wait! The food was excellent!

squawmama said...

Glad your travels went smothly with no mishaps... Will be glad to read your post about that campground and Savannah... One of my very favorite cities! Have fun & travel safe!
Donna

Happytrails said...

Glad you all had a safe trip to Hardeeville. Savannah is a great place to visit and explore in. Let us know about that campground.

Hugs,
Gerri and Mike(http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com)