Today was the day. We left about 11:30am and went straight to Graceland. We paid our $10 to park and then our $28 each to do the platinum tour: (I had a $10 coupon)
- an audio-guided tour of Graceland Mansion and grounds
- a self-guided tour of Elvis' two custom airplanes
- a self-guided tour of Elvis' Automobile Museum
- a self-guided tour of Elvis in Hollywood Exhibit
- a self-guided tour of Elvis Lives: The King and Pop Culture Exhibit
- a self-guided tour of Private Presley Exhibit
- a self-guided tour of '68 Special Exhibit
Average Tour Time: 2 ½ to 3 hours
Once we paid we had about 1 hour before the mansion tour, so we did the self-guided tours first.
I was not really surprise by anything I saw, because I have read many books and articles about his life and I have seen lots of pictures over the years of the mansion.
I was most surprised by the area that Graceland is located. I guess in the late 50’s it was mostly a rural area, but not now.
I was impressed by the trophies and the display of the records.
We were allowed to take pictures of the inside but was not allowed to use flash.
We travel again tomorrow to Nashville.
Until then, hugs to all