Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Friday, April 22 - Weeks Worth of Travel, Arrival, Birthday and Appointments (Colorado Springs, CO)


Saturday 16th

We decided to go into Williams, AZ and have late lunch and walk around, the town is part of the famous Route 66.


Our lunch spot (recommended by Marv) was Red Raven. Our food was very good.  Jesse had fish taco’s and I had chicken and red pepper on a  ciabatta roll with fries that we shared. The inside was very clean and the décor seemed Napa like.


We walked around the town and purchased some items for the grandchildren, before going home to relax.


Sunday 17th

Was a travel day. We traveled on I-40 East for 277 miles and stopped at Bar S Campground in Grants, New Mexico for the night.

We got a nice level pull-thru for Escapee’s price of $14 + tax. We didn’t unhook the truck for a quick and easy departure tomorrow.

Monday 18th

We were on the road again traveling I-40 East to I-25 North for 316 miles to Cedar Rail RV Park at the top of Raton pass in New Mexico.

We got a back-in site over looking the Sangres de Cristo Mountains, great views, but a little pricey at Escapee’s price of $28.00.

We decided to go into town and had dinner at Pizza Hut. We each got a medium so we had leftovers.

Tuesday 19th

We continued our travel North on I-25 then West on US 50 through Pueblo, turning North on CO 115 to Barrett Rd to Mountaindale Cabins and RV Resort, our home for the next 5 months. We traveled only 144 miles today and arrived right at noon.

Mary Nell, the office manager, and Charlie, the maintenance manager, was there to greet us. David our boss and owner was at home in Denver with his family celebrating the Passover Holiday.

We visited with them for about an 1/2 hour then proceeded to our site to set up. We didn’t set-up for long term stay because we had to break down again on Thursday.

Today was our son Adam’s birthday and we were going to his house to celebrate.

Adam, Beth and Colt


Kim’s Mom, Dad, Granny, and sister and family were there and Beth and her family. Kim had made spaghetti with elk meat balls, garlic bread and salad for dinner. She also made a corn dip that was really delicious as was everything else. For dessert we had cake, ice cream and chocolate covered strawberries.

Kim and Adam


A good time was had by all.

  Granny and Sherry (Kim’s Mom)          Regan (Kim’s niece)                        The group                               (SIL) DJ and Jesse


Especially the newest member Ali who is just too cute


Wednesday 20th


We hung out at home. I made us some corned beef hash, eggs, toast and juice for breakfast. I did some laundry and in the afternoon I had a dentist appointment in Pueblo. It’s about 38 miles from here. They redid the impressions for my partial and I have an appointment in three weeks for the extractions and fitting. You may remember that I had this done in November when we were here, but they made the partial wrong so I had to delay until we returned.

I was in the office for 2 hours. Jesse went for fuel and to rent movies at Red Box and sat very patiently waiting for me. We were hungry when we returned home and I made us soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Thursday 21th


We had an appointment for 8:30 at Camping World in CS (Colorado Springs) which is about 31 miles from here. We had a list of  eleven warranty items that needed done, all were minor and most cosmetic.

We left the Kram-a-lot there and went to Crackle Barrel for breakfast. From there we went to Lazy Boy furniture store to look for recliners. We were very happy to find they still had the chairs we saw and liked in November when we were there, so we bought them.

We went to American Furniture from there to see what they had for end tables. We didn’t see anything we liked.

We took the boys to a park to walk around off lease and do their business from there we went to Walmart for some non perishables. It was very warm so Jesse stayed in the truck with the boys while I did a quick run to get the items we needed.

We didn’t have anymore errands to run so we went back to Camping World. The five of us sat in the lounge awaiting for the RV. We waited about 2 hours for it to be ready which was okay because they got everything done. YEA!!!

We signed all the paperwork and headed back home. It was about 6:30 when we left and home at 7:30 and we were exhausted. We did got the RV set-up and then just sat.

We had a cocktail and I warmed us the left over pizza from the other night.

Friday 22nd


We got the RV all set-up and moved the sofa outside under the bedroom to make room for the new chairs that were being delivered today. Jesse did the outside, he got our rug placed and put up our flags, It really looks nice.

Our chairs were delivered and they look and feel just right. (I will get picture soon).

We had a little lunch and then we needed to got cleaned up to take the boys to the vet for their appointment in Pueblo. They did great and are all up to date with their vaccinations.

We needed some groceries so we stopped at Walmart in Canyon City. It again was too warm to leave the boys, so Jesse sat with them again while I shopped.

We returned home, I put the groceries away and made us a chef salad for dinner along with the French bread I purchased.

We just relaxed for the rest of the night watching TV and computering.


Now that I am caught up I may try to post more often… Sorry for the delay!

No comments: