Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Wednesday, October 6 - New York City


Tuesday 5th -

We just hung around the house. 

I had to pack for a short stay with Sondra. Jesse drove to the Red Box to get some movies.

We met Sondra and Madison at the Double T Diner for dinner. After dinner Jesse went home to the boys and I went home with Sondra.

We had an quiet evening talking and watching a little TV.


Wednesday 6th -

We were up at 5:45am to get showered and dressed for our bus trip to NEW YORK CITY! Sondra had planned this trip for us awhile back. Marilyn and Susan her daughters decided to go with us.

We got on the bus at 7:15 and left at 7:30. The trip into NY was uneventful. When we looked at the weather forecast for today it said 65 and 30% chance of rain.

IMG_3444 IMG_3445

When we arrived it was a beautiful day. No rain partly sunny and temps were 65-70.

IMG_3446 IMG_3447 IMG_3448

Our 1st stop at the Marriott for a potty break. The we walked around times Square looking at the sights. Most of the people on the bus were going to the show "Promises, Promises. We chose to just hitch a ride and do our own thing.

We went into Macy's and in and out of a few other stores.

It was decided that we were going to eat at Max Brenner for lunch. We needed to make our way to Broadway between 13th and 14th streets. So we took the subway down to Union Square.


When we got there they were having a promotion for the "Iron Chief" show and allowed people in the crowd to do a scene to announce the secret ingredient.  PICKLES


This restaurant is different because Max Brenner is known at a chocolatier.


They have lunch and dinner selections, but the main items are desserts. We each ordered lunch which was very good.

When I walked in I saw this Smore's pizza that I thought I would have this for dessert, but we decided to share a chocolate fondue. 


I wish I had taken a picture but I was just too busy eating. YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY for my tummy.

IMG_3455 IMG_3456

After eating we walked and walked around SoHo. We just entered stores that look interesting, nothing special.

I thought this was a beautiful Church.

We took the subway back to 8th and 52nd to meet the bus for the ride home. We had a smooth ride out of NY, but ran into 2 accidents in MD which held us up about 45 minutes.

We both were tired when we got back to Sondra's. I showered and put on my PJ's and we watched a little TV to unwind before going to bed.

No comments: