Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Sunday, January 3 – A day at Home

 

I had mentioned I got a bread maker. That is what I have been doing for the past few days, making bread.

My 1st batch went in the circular file. It was not doing right and never rose or baked correctly.

All the instructions say you must be exact in your measurements, but there was just not enough liquid. After looking at some of the other recipes in the book I noticed they call for more liquid.

This recipe calls for 7/8 cup of water. I added a full cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of water. It turned out much better, but the bread is very dense. This was a raisin bread recipe.

Both Joyce and Marilyn wanted me to make a raisin nut bread for them. I added additionally another teaspoon of water and they seemed better.

Marilyn made us some caramel popcorn (my favorite) that was to die for. I sat and ate the whole bag…THE WHOLE BAG - ONE SITTING - GONE!

For dinner last night I made us an Italian herb loaf with olive oil, parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, onion flakes, and basil, it was yummy! This recipe calls for more liquid and I put in an extra teaspoon. It was much less dense then the raisin bread.

Next I am going to try honey wheat bread. I am having so much fun making bread, just not sure how to figure out the points for all this bread.

It was mostly cloudy today and it rained in the afternoon. We just sat around the rig. Jesse watched football and is very pleased that the Ravens are in the playoffs.

football

While watching TV last night Roger brought a treat that Joyce made. Fried dough with powdered sugar, they were warm and good in our tummies.

We are not looking forward to our weight in on Thursday.

Hugs to all

text

4 comments:

Speedy said...

I had a weigh in and was I sick!! Man I a have a long way to go and a short time to get there.

Rod Ivers said...

I have made a lot of bread in our bread makers over the years. I've found that most recipes are slightly more than one third the liquid to the cups of flour.
3 cups flour and one cup liquid perhaps with one extra teaspoon liquid. 4 and a half cups flour one and a half cups liquid with an extra tablespoon of water or milk. You get the idea, have a good time with the new machine!
Rod

Cathy and Elgin said...

are you a member of WW and where do you weigh in???

Cathy and Elgin said...

are u a member of WW and where do u weigh in??