Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Monday, September 26 - Travel Day (Dodge City, KS)

 

We left Mountaindale this morning at 7:30 am. It was bitter/sweet. We really enjoyed our time this summer, but look forward to the next 3 months.

We had a few minutes to say goodbye to Jackie and Tony and Gucci and they left a few minutes before us.

We traveled south on Hwy 115 then East on 50 for 315 miles to Gunsmoke Trav-L-Park in Dodge City, KS.

This is what I saw on our trip:

IMG_0429

This was my first trip driving the car behind the Kram-a-lot and was very pleased that it was not bad at all. Jesse and I communicated with each other using our 2 way radios and it worked well.

 

Yesterday I started my day defrosting the freezer. Marilyn had told me she uses her blow dryer to defrost the freezer, so I tried it and it works GREAT! Thank you very much for the tip.

Then I made meatballs and macaroni and cheese for the farewell pot luck party we were attending at tonight. The invited guests were full time residents and employees. There was lots, and lots of food.

IMG_0404

And everything I tasted was delicious.

IMG_0405

IMG_0406IMG_0407IMG_0410IMG_0416

IMG_0416IMG_0409IMG_0426

David the owner stood up and thanked everyone for a great season and that he looks forward to seeing everyone next year.

IMG_0414

On Wednesday two of the residents Myda and Cindy are having a birthday so there was a cake and we sang to them.

IMG_0421

My co-workers Mary Nell and Jackie

IMG_0417

It was a nice gathering and it seems a good time was had by all.

3 comments:

ain't for city gals said...

I read about the blow dryer to defrost the fridge...I used to do that to but stop after I read in the manual it can harm the coils or whatever...looking forward to reading your past and future posts..

Sunny said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful summer with good friends... always enjoyable/

Speedy said...

Stay safe and have a great time. We are thinking about checking out Mountaindale next year...maybe you will be there?

Joe and Sherri