Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Saturday, October 25 - Auction Day

First here are the pictures from the pumpkin carving last weekend.



They turned out pretty good I think.

It has been a very busy week for us. On Friday I had so much to get done. At 8:30am the boys had an appointment with the vet to get their yearly parvo/distemper and bordello vaccines. Buddy gets an allergic reaction to the parvo shot, so he gets a shot of Benadryl first. Then I have to watch him all day to be sure he stays calm.

After I got home I got a call from work. They needed me to come in and write up a proposal for them. I was expecting Mike around 10am, so I called him to let him know I had to go into work for about an hour. I took Buddy with me, so I could keep my eye on him.

On my way back to the house I called Mike to let him know I was returning to the house and he could come over.

We got everything ready for the auction on Saturday. We got all the boxes of stuff lined up on the tables and ready. We worked until 6 pm. Mike left and Jesse and I ate the subway sandwich he brought home for us, then back to work. We worked until 9:30pm and I could not do anymore. I got a shower and went to bed. I didn't sleep very well, too much on my mind.

He brought a 20 foot trailer to set boxes on so people could look through them. We set it up and put it in the detached garage over night.


Gatlin Auction did a great job. Mike and Becky are great people and we are very glad to have them as friends. They have everything computerized and it makes it so easy that way. Everything was sold except the explorer as we had a reserve on it and it didn’t make it.



We were disappointed at the number of people that came for the auction. It is just amazing to me what people value. Some things of value went for very little money and other things with so so dollar value went for higher dollars.

The auction started at 10am and ended about 3:30pm. Most people got all their things out of the house right away. Some of the people had to go get trucks and trailers to load their purchases on. It was getting dark when the last person left with their stuff.

We were very tired and hungry, so we along with Beth and DJ and the children headed off to the Do Drop Inn for a bit to eat. It felt good just to sit and relax.

Here are some more pictures.

Halloween decorations

Christmas Decorations

61" big screen TV



Betty Boop Collection


I will write again soon to get everything caught up, until then

Hope to see ya down the road.


2 comments:

Speedy said...

How cool! I have never seen this before. You say you sold it all? that is so great and you have very little to get rid of now. We still have not had our barn sale??? We are waiting for cool weather which I believe is here now. So maybe we can clear out our S T U F F.

Joe

Unknown said...

Too bad I missed the Betty Boop sale! My sister is Betty. Yes, amazing you sold it all! Don't worry - you won't miss it!! Bob and Lynda