Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Friday, January 21 - Los Algodones, Mexico


We made plans with Mac and Netters, Arlene and Kevin, and Karen and Donny to go over to Mexico today.

We met Mac and Lynette at our exit and followed them. Mac1st took us to Walmart parking lot, LOL he took a wrong turn so we turned around there.

We traveled West on I-8 into California.IMG_4007

Then South on California 166 to the huge parking lot into Algodones, Mexico.


Unlike Progresso Nuevo, Mexico there is no bridge to cross over, nor is there any charge to go over.

There seems to be a lot more streets of pharmacies, dentists, optometrist, and liquor stores here and the streets are very clean.



Arlene had an appointment with an optometrist and she wanted Lynette to go with her. Karen also wanted to go, but I decided to go with the guys.

We walked the streets and some how we lost Kevin, so it was just mac, Donny, Jesse and myself.

We can upon an outdoor eatery and we were told they had the best Margaritas in town, so we decided to see. Well let me say it was very tasty served in a large mug and very, very strong.



I am not a big liquor drinker so I was feeling no pain after finishing my drink. We left to meet the girls and we were all hungry by then. We decided to go back to the outdoor restaurant. I needed to eat food!! :~)


Mac and Lynette


Kevin and Arlene


Donny and Karen


We had a good meal and great fun talking and laughing. By the time we paid our bill and walked around a little more I was ready to go home for sure.

Everyone else wanted to shop some more so Jesse and I decided to say good bye for now. We stopped at the liquor store on our way to the border crossing.  Very cheap prices and no $1.25 charge per bottle like in Texas.

It took us 40 minutes to get through the line back to the USA. I don’t think we ever waited that long at Progresso Nuevo. BTW no charge.


After returning home Jesse walked the boys and I laid down to take a much needed nap and when he returned he took a nap in his chair.

About 5 o'clock the boys came in and woke me to tell me they were hungry. I got up and fed them then started dinner.

BTW, Jesse did his research and found all good reviews on the Weber Baby Q, so he ordered one and it came yesterday.


We grilled some sausage and pork for dinner and I made a baked potato, green beans and leftover baked beans. Yum! The meat was cooked to perfection!

We had a fun day and looking forward to more…..Hugs to all!


Rod Ivers said...

Algodones seems to be larger, cleaner, and even more aligned to cater to the gringo's every need. But that wait to get back across seems to be forever. Plan on an hour, and be surprised if its less.

We also have the baby Q and the same stand too. It has never missed a beat, and cleans up fairly well too. Now will it last for several years, or be done for in a short time like the cheaper grills? Only time will tell!

Leno said...

We had a great time and it was good seeing you both again..
We also have the Baby Q and love it!
See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Algodones looks to be larger and cleaner than Progresso and it sounds like you had a great time.

We also have the Baby Q. It is around 7 or 8 years old now and still going strong.

Big hugs to you and Jesse and, of course, your boys.

Roger and Joyce

Speedy said...

Jesse the grill looks great! Can't wait to have you cook me a steak. Thanks for including us in your day.

The Happy Wanderers said...

Can't wait to see that new grill in Colorado. Around June 6th, we should be together again. Let the good times roll!
Big Hugs!