Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Tuesday, April 28 - Acupuncture

 

Today I was able to walk a little more than a mile. My foot felt a little better.

After getting our walks done we sat outside and had coffee until the bees chased us in.

We were showered and dressed to meet Sondra for lunch. We went to Olive Garden and we all had soup, salad and bread sticks.

After we were finished we had some time before my podiatrist appointment, so we sat a talked awhile longer.

We went out to the autos to say our goodbye’s and collected our door for the Splendide 2100XC washer/dryer.

I went to the doctors and he did acupuncture on the foot. He said that “it will take the pain away”. I asked why didn’t he do this treatment the 1st day I came in. His answer was”most people do not believe in it”.

He stuck me with three needles after finding the pressure points with some sort of pointer thingy. He told me to relaxed for 20 minutes. So far it’s been 4 1/5 hours since he stuck me and the pain is still there.

Jesse asked “how any of this treatment will help the bone spur”. The doctor explained that the bone spur is caused by the tendon being damaged/bruised in someway.

This caused bleeding which left calcium deposits to form the bone spur. If the pressure is relieved on the tendon the pain goes away.

Once we got home Jesse opened the box, took off the existing door, put on the new door, just two screws. He did this all in about 5 minutes and the Splendide is working just fine.

Afterwards we computered for awhile then watched some shows we had recorded earlier, then American Idol and Biggest Loser.

We each were a little hungry Jesse ate 2 bowls of cereal and I had a tuna sandwich.

That was our day, hope yours was a good one!

3 comments:

Mark and Dortha said...

Ginger...hope your foot is getting better, but needles? Enjoy your time with family and friends.

Hugs to you both,
Dortha

Speedy said...

That Jesse is handy man to have around. I think I will just follow the two of you so I will have someone to fix stuff...HE HE

Unknown said...

Remember when we were in CO I had acupuncture on my shoulder. I had 3 treatments and it worked. I loved it! Give it time and maybe more treatments. At least with him doing it it should be covered by insurance. Mine wasn't because she was 'just' an acupuncturist. Lynda