Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Wednesday, April 1 – Family


We were out of the rig by 11:30, the five of us (the boys were with us) were on the way to the nursing home. Pop knew who both Jesse and I were today and was having lunch when we arrived. Sondra arrived just a few minutes after us. We had a meeting with the nurse assigned to Pop to discuss his care.

I had mentioned that he has been going down hill over the past few months. He is not eating, therefore he has lost about 40 pounds within the last few months.

The decision was made to begin hospice care. He will be able to stay at the same home, but they have stopped all non-essential medications and he will receive additional care from their staff.

We knew this time would come, but it is not easy, being most hard on Sondra who has become his main caregiver for the past 4 1/2 years.

Now on to the happier past of our day. We followed Sondra back to her house. We were going to spend the evening and have dinner with her. We looked at pictures from her trip to China last year. She had a wonderful time.

Sondra’s youngest daughter was also there, Susan, and we all just sat and visited. She had hurt her back so she was resting on ice.

DSC00827 After a while Sondra’s oldest daughter came over with her youngest daughter Alyssa.

DSC00823 DSC00825 After awhile they left to pick up Jennifer Marilyn’s oldest daughter from softball.

We had a wonder meal of green salad, salmon, roasted potatoes, broccoli, corn, rolls and for dessert apple pie. Once we had everything cleaned up from dinner we retired to sit and visit. We somehow never run out of things to talk about. It is always nice to spend time with Sondra.

After they had there dinner Marilyn and the rest of her family came over to visit with us. We all got caught up on what's been going on, but mostly it was 20 questions for Jesse and I. They are truly interested in our travels.

left to right- Jennifer, Sondra, Marilyn, Charles, Alyssa, Susan and Madison (Susan’s daughter)

DSC00832It was a good time to spend time with family. We didn’t get home until 9:30 and watched a little TV then off to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I just lost my mom to alzheimers March 13