Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Monday June 23, 2008 - POPS Birthday

Today is Jesse Dad’s 93rd birthday. Sorry we can be there to help celebrate, but our love goes across the wires to him.

His cake above

Below is Sondra and Pop

I am writing this on Tuesday while on the road so, I can’t post the pictures from where we stopped for the night www.lakesiderec.org in Assaria, KS.

The most unique thing about this park to me was the 5th wheel trailers that appear to be set up for migrant farm workers. They have multiple rooms that are about 6x8. Each room has their own door with a window and one trailer had air condition units in each window, and outside each had their own satellite dish all the comforts of home.

The park had free WiFi (very slow) it also had a beach area and a 400’ waterslide. The sites were very small, but for an overnight at $10 (Passport America) we had 30 amp, electric and sewer it was fine.

Our route from Shawnee.OK was all interstate I 40 W to I 35N to I 135N, and was uneventful. We left at 9:15am and traveled 256 miles and arrived at Lakeside at 3pm. We stopped a few times to walk the boys and get lunch.

I made salmon cakes for dinner with salad, and green beans. After dinner we walked to boys around the park, by this time it was 7pm and we relaxed and watched TV until bed time.

We are planning a longer drive today into Nebraska. Can’t wait to see what this day holds for us.

See you down the road.

3 comments:

Speedy said...

Hi Ginger and Jesse...Good to see that you are doing well and it appears from all the pictures that you have a lot of family around you. Sherri and I just got back on line and we are so glad to talk to all of you again. We have been in the boonies. Tell Jesse I have not tackled the toilet yet...sounds funny???...but as soon as I have time I will try out his advise.

Later

Joe and Sherri

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures.

Who took these?

Bob and Molly said...

Hi G&J!
If you get to Custer, SD there's a great PA CG (Big Pine) and they honor the PA discount Tues thru Thurs, so it's a good deal for FHU ($14). Also, most of the sites in Custer State park now have electric, but I'm not sure of the price. Be sure to have the $7.95 filet at Alpine Inn in Hill City...Yum!!
Hugs to you!
Molly & Bob