Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Thursday, December 4 - Texas Resident

We woke at 4am very cold and figured out that the propane tank was empty and we needed to change to the other one. Now it was 22 degrees out side, but my sweet guy got up and went outside to change the tanks. And in very short time the house was warm again.

We were able to fall back to sleep after awhile. We finally got up when it got light outside and I started coffee and walked the boys, it was 28 degrees.

I can’t get over how cold it is. We are heading south and I thought it was suppose to be warmer. The high today was 34 degrees, but much less windy.

We sat and had our coffee. After awhile Jesse went out to disconnect the blown out tire and put it in the truck. While he was doing that I got dressed, then he showered and dressed. We walked the boys then went over to the club house to pay for another night.

Then we were off to run our errands. First thing was to apply for a Texas driver’s license. Jesse looked up the directions on the internet. We were looking for the address, but couldn’t find it. There was a court house building near where the Department of Public Safety was suppose to be, so I suggested we ask there and sure enough it was directly behind the court house.

They were not busy and had several stations available so I was waited on right away and out within 15 minutes. Of course I only have a piece of paper for my temporary, and will be mailed my picture license within 4 weeks.

After that we went to find a place to make copies that I needed to send to Miller Insurance, then post office, and then the real important thing some place to eat. It was close to noon by this time, but we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.

Afterwards we went to discount tire. They needed to have a tire brought from their warehouse and asked us to come back at 3pm, it was 1pm. So we decided to go back to the rig. Jesse was very pleased that it only cost $175, because he thought it would cost $250.

Once back at the rig, I walked the boys and we relaxed for a little while. We all then loaded in the truck. I needed a few things at the grocery store, so we tried to find one close and found a Wal*Mart. We left the boys to guard the truck and shopped for the few things we needed. We went to pick up the tire, then home again.

I made taco soup for dinner and then we relaxed and watched TV for the rest of the evening.
We will see ya down the road.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't let those pipes freeze! Brrr Lynda and Bob