Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Saturday, May 10, 2008 - Mother's Day Weekend

Friday was just a usual day, only 2 more to go. Jesse got off work and went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things for the weekend.

Our daughter and son-in-law have an annual weekend Mother’s Day pig roast and skeet shoot. This was there 5th one. Everyone is invited to come out on Friday, with their campers or tent and spend the weekend just having fun. They had a large crowd this year with 5 or 6 campers and 5 tents.

Jesse goes out on Friday and usually sleeps in the back of the Explorer, but this year he slept in their camper. I don’t go out on Friday; I stay home with our boys, taking them is just too much of a hassle. The guys kill and butcher the pig then play cards. They cook the pig starting at mid-night in a home made 400 gallon roaster and it cooks with charcoal for 8-10 hours.

So I had the evening to myself. I got in the chat room for a while, watched TV and relaxed.

On Saturday once I got up I started laundry and got on the computer. I didn’t spend much time on there as I need to get dressed to go to Beth’s. I stopped at Wal-Mart to get the 50 pieces of fried chicken that Jesse ordered for me while he was at Wal-Mart yesterday. That was our contribution to the lunch they have at noon. They provide the pig, paper goods and drinks and everyone brings a side dish. There was lots of food.

Now the worst part of all this is I FORGOT THE CAMERA so no pictures.

They were just starting the skeet shoot when I got there at 10am. This activity takes all day and I think it is rather boring. They have several divisions for men, women and children and they give trophies for the top 3 in each division.

I left about 5pm and Jesse followed shortly behind. Once we got home we straighten up the house as we have a showing tomorrow between 9:30-11:30 am.

Here are some pictures from the 2007 weekend.

The roaster



Cutting up the meat



The particpants



And the final Grampy and Colt bonding.



I will leave you wishing all the Mommy’s out there HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!

See you down the road.

No comments: