Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Saturday, May 17, 2008 - A Day of Preparation

Today was a busy day for us. Jesse was up at 5:20am and I got up at 6am. We had our coffee while reading, writing and talked about next Saturday.

Around 9am we had some breakfast and then went out to get the Kram-a-lot ready.

1st thing was to install the new Tonneau truck bed cover. That took us quite awhile. It was very hard to pull the cover down and snap it. I sure hope it stretches some.

Then I cleaned the inside. I took all the dishes out of the RV into the house and ran them through a light cycle in the dishwasher. I wiped out all the cabinets and drawers. I washed all the windows and cleaned the screens.

Then I stared to pack up things. I packed bath towels, hand towels, wash clothes, place mats, table clothes, cleaning towels, dog towels, and sheets. I put them all in the new shelves Jesse made for me and they fit nicely. (Thank you honey for all your hard work) Then I packed all the dogs’ things, clippers, shampoo, toothbrushes, and toothpaste.

I then went to my kitchen and took some of the things out of the cabinets that we are taking. Hopefully I will not need any of those things this week. I took ½ of my flatware, steak knives, and serving flatware. (I don't think I will be serving dinner for 12 during our 6 weeks out) I also got the clean dishes out of the dishwasher and put everything away in the RV (wondering the whole time “how many times will I rearrange these things”).

After that I went to our bedroom and decided what clothes I would be taking. I put all the clothes on the bed in the spare bedroom for now. I will have the week to add or delete items (which I am sure I will do many times during this week).

"What was Jesse doing during this time" you ask? Well he cleaned the basement, vacuumed and rearranged, (It looks good) worked on repairing the shower drain that leaks and still does. He needs to buy some sort of wrench thingy. Got soaked by the water heater. See picture.

He also aired up the air tank, and sanitized the water system. By this time it was 4pm and we didn’t feel like going out for dinner. We decided to have hot dogs and beans.

Once dinner was over we decided to sleep in the RV tonight. We purchased a 4” foam topper for the mattress a few weeks ago and before we cut it to size we wanted to make sure we liked it, so we made the bed so we could try it out.

We had some shows from the week recorded that we watched (I watched TV Jesse napped) until we when off to bed. The boys were very confused about the sleeping arrangements and took awhile to settle.

Until tomorrow

Hope to see you down the road.


Ellie and Jim said...

Deja-Vu....this entry could have been written by us a couple of years ago, almost exactly the same dates and everything! Yes, this week will be very memorable in your lives! How exciting!

Happy Travels,

Randy and Terry said...

Can you feel the excitement?? Just like Ellie, this brings back great memories. Enjoy!!

The Haman's said...

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. We are looking forward to the adventure and meeting all our RV friends.

See you down the road