Fun, Fun Fun!!

Fun, Fun Fun!!

Sunday, January 4 – Bike Ride

We went on a bike ride today with 20 plus other people from the park. We all loaded our bikes in trucks

DSC03733

DSC03737

and then drove to Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park.

We parked the auto’s and unloaded the bikes and were off to the park.

DSC03741

Several of the couples have a year long park pass that will admit 8 people, so we all got in free instead of the $4 entrance fee.

Here we are biking the paths

DSC03758

We saw lots of birds Chachalacas

DSC03743

Kiskadees, Green Jays

DSC03761

DSC03763

DSC03749

We walked a Hawk walking pier

DSC03759

I didn't see any hawks, but I did find Jo and Fred Wishnie there. They were on a bird walk with others, so we only visited for a few minutes. I was very happy to see them out and about.

We also saw these pig like mammals called Javelinas.

DSC03750

DSC03747

They look like a type of wild pig, they are actually members of the peccary family, a group of hoofed mammals originating from South America.

Here are some strange looking cactus that Jesse saw when we went on a trail with others that said “NO BIKES”. They also got reprimanded by the rangers, that's what happens when you break the rules.

DSC03766

After the 7 mile bike ride we all went to the welcome center to eat lunch that we packed. I made turkey sandwich and took grapes, tomatoes, cheese and cookies for dessert.

Back home we walked the boys and took showers and relaxed. Then I decided to make some Strawberry Daiquiris and walked up to Ed and Marilyn’s to share. We visited with them for a short while then back at the Kram-a-lot.

For dinner I had a can of soup and Jesse had cereal, licorice and ice cream. (Great dinner dear!)

Two of our Sunday shows were on tonight, so we relaxed in front of the TV for the evening.

Until we see ya down the road.

1 comment:

Speedy said...

Sounds like a fun ride. Jesse I would have been arrested if I did that. It has always been my luck to get caught at anything I do that is wrong! Oh well it has kept me on the straight and narrow. Stay safe and Jesse ...follow the rules man!

Joe and Sherri